Page 7 of 7
Goal F: To be a fiscally competent and administratively responsible organization and have the financial resources to assure ASWM’s ongoing and future operations.
Activities for achieving Goal F:
- There is a written fiscal policy and financial guidelines and procedures for staff and officers. Income and expenses are tracked accurately.
- There is an active fundraising program. We have written and implemented a fundraising plan. The plan seeks to draw income from diversified sources - foundations, government, individual contributions, memberships, businesses, workshops and other earned income.
- The current annual work plan is reviewed and the upcoming plan approved at each March Board meeting. The Secretary/Treasurer is actively involved in oversight of finances and provides the Board with quarterly reports on aggregated income and expenses. The Board approves the annual budget.
- Develop an attractive, professional funding request package to be used in soliciting support for the association.
- Actively utilize our website to request support for Association activities. (Note: For example this could include securing corporate sponsors for “Wetland Breaking News.”)
Approved by ASWM Board: April 18, 2013