If you would like to attend future ASWM Member Webinars or view webinars later than 2012 and are not a current member, please click on “Join ASWM”. After receiving your membership payment you will be sent a confirmation email. You will then be able to register for future webinars and view more recent webinars.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 – 2:00 p.m. EST
Coastal Blue Carbon – What’s All the Fuss About?
Presenter: Steve Emmett-Mattox, Restore America’s Estuaries
Length: 90 minutes
Learn about the emerging concept of coastal blue carbon and how it could help achieve tidal wetland management goals. Topics will include
- The voluntary carbon markets
- The carbon storage and sequestration potential of tidal wetlands
- Current coastal blue carbon activities in the U.S. and globally, emphasis on the U.S.
- Application of coastal blue carbon to restoration and conservation
- How to get involved
- Future directions and next steps
Tuesday, November 27, 2012 – 3:00 p.m. EST
Water Quality Standards for Wetlands
Presenters: Jeanne Christie and Jon Kusler, Association of State Wetland Managers, Jennifer Linn, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Length: 90 minutes
The Association of State Wetland Managers recently completed a two-year project on the development of water quality standards for wetlands, which included a comprehensive document “Wetland Water Quality Standards for States" available here. Characteristics of wetlands differ from lakes and rivers. Many of the parameters used to develop standards for flowing and deep water habitats are not applicable to wetlands, which often do not have standing water year-round. Jon Kusler and Jeanne Christie along with Jennifer Linn from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency will:
- summarize the project
- review the typical framework for the development of water quality standards,
- describe how these can be applied to address wetlands and
- explore how the recently completed document and other resources available can be used by states and tribes to aid in development of water quality standards for wetlands.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012 – 3:00 p.m. EST
National Wetland Plant List, Dr. Bob Lichvar of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
[Return to top]